Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Biodiversity



             
                  When Maám Ramos let us pick about the photos which has a lot of colors and shapes, I don't know what is the basis or how we will choose. She just said, "just pick what was the better one because this is related to our topic''. So I just judge and think what was the better picture for me but I don't have any idea what is all about. Then I just realized that it was about ''BIODIVERSITY''. The picture that has greater color and shapes describes the diversity or differences of each. She added,'' the more shapes and color it is, was better. I'll share some information about biodiversity based from my learnings.

                  BIO means ''life''', while DIVERSITY means ''variety'' or ''differences''. Biodiversity is a variety of life on Earth and the essential interdependence of all living things. There are 3 components of biodiversity:
                           1.) Diversity of genes
                           2.) Diversity of species
                           3.) Variety of ecosystems
                   

                  I realized that God is very clever that everyone is unique, and because of uniqueness we learn how to feel the real world. What if we all have the same physical appearance? How would we know each differences? Of course, how would we enjoy our living if there's only one thing and it's all the same?

''We can no longer see the continued loss of biodiversity as an issue separate from the core concerns of society: to tackle poverty, to improve the health, prosperity and security of present and future generations, and to deal with climate change. Each of those objectives is undermined by current trends in the state of our ecosystems, and each will be greatly strengthened if we finally give biodiversity the priority it deserves.''

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment